Call us today on:
01424 426287
or email us here:

Social Services and Children

Your local authority's social services department is obliged to intervene if it believes that a child is suffering, or is likely to suffer, serious harm. This is a very difficult experience for all members of the child's family but does not always result in the child being taken into care.Our specialist solicitors can advise you about the legal process and about any solutions that you may be able to propose to the Courts.

If you are a parent of the child, or if you are a family member with parental responsibility for the child, you are automatically eligible for public funding to participate in any Court proceedings, whatever your financial means, and we can apply for a Public Funding certificate on your behalf. If your relationship with the child does not fall into either of these categories, for example if you are grandparents, you may still be able to obtain Pubic Funding.